Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is a government organisation established in 1985 through an act for the development and promotion of export of scheduled products. It provides financial assistance, information, guidelines towards the development of scheduled products. The products specified under the APEDA ACT are called schedule products and exporters of such scheduled products are required register under APEDA.
RCMC means the Registration Cum Membership Certificate issued by the Export Promotion Council or the Commodity Board. Any exporter intending to deal with the restricted goods are mandated to obtain the RCMC registration from the Export Promotion Council or the Commodity Board established in line with the products. The Certificate authenticates that an exporter dealing with a certain product is registered with a certain agency or authority authorised by the Government of India.
The organization is responsible to upgrade and expand of agricultural product exports. Thereby, their prime functions consist of providing a solution to all the export-related from the production until packaging and exporting. Essentially begins with promoting in-demand oriented cultivation, following which criteria for the scheduled products are set. Subsequently, the packaging, standards set for quality of the goods, Trade Leads and data for export promotion. Besides this, APEDA provides training, financial assistance in warehousing and product manufacturing.
Products listed under APEDA Registration
List of all the products listed under APEDA Registration
The term agricultural processed food includes nearly all the food items that we could have. Here are the specific/scheduled products that come under APEDA Registration.
- Fruits, Vegetables and their Products.
- Meat and Meat Products.
- Poultry and Poultry Products.
- Dairy Products.
- Confectionery, Biscuits, and Bakery Products.
- Honey, Jaggery, and Sugar Products.
- Cocoa and its products, chocolates of all kinds.
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
- Cereal and Cereal Products.
- Groundnuts, Peanuts, and Walnuts.
- Pickles, Papads, and Chutneys.
- Guar Gum.
- Floriculture and Floriculture Products.
- Herbal and Medicinal Plan
The advantage of APEDA Registration
With respect to the export of scheduled products, APEDA registration is mandatory.
- Exporters can avail the various financial assistance schemes of APEDA.
- It helps the exporters in brand publicity through advertisement, packaging development, database up-gradation and surveys etc
- Provides guidelines to exporters about the various products and countries for export
- Registered members can participate in training programmes organized by APEDA for various scheduled products and thereby improve their business.
Procedure for APEDA Registration
APEDA Registration form is required to fill online after registering on the government portal. We will discuss in detail all the procedures that need to be followed for APEDA RCMC online Registration.
Step 1: Online Registration via government portal:- The very first step for registering under APEDA is registration through the government portal. First, visit the APEDA portal. Sign up for APEDA Registration by giving all the essential details like IEC, company name, and personal information.
Step 2: Documentation:-To apply for RCMC, you must have all the documents required for it. RCMC means Registration Cum Membership Certificate. The certificate which you get after registration for APEDA is RCMC. The desired format of all the necessary documents are required for online application.
Step 3: Application for RCMC:- To register yourself on APEDA online, you must upload all the necessary documents in the described formats. Once all the documents are uploaded, payment of registration is needed. After successful payment, you’ll receive a unique application number for future references like tracking down APEDA Registration’s status.
Step 4: Verification by APEDA Officials:- After successful payment for the application, it is then sent to APEDA officials for verification. If they find any inconsistency regarding the documents, then they inform the applicant through the website. For checking the status of their RCMC application, one can utilize their application number on the APEDA portal.
Step 5: Issuance of APEDA Certificate (RCMC):- After successful verification by APEDA officials, if they find all the information correct and satisfying, they will approve the RCMC application and issue your RCMC. You can download it from the government portal of APEDA as well.
The registration can be cancelled by the authority upon:
- Furnishing false information.
- Breach of rules by the registering authority.
- Breach of conditions imposed in the certificate of registration.
- Failure to export the scheduled product for 12 consecutive months
Qus:-What is the time taken to acquire an APEDA License?
After submitting all the requisite documents it will be allotted by APEDA in 10-15 days.
Qus:-What is the reason for cancellation of the APEDA certificate?
The following are the reasons for cancellation of APEDA certificate:
- In case the officer finds any discrepancies in the documents submitted or documents at any given time.
- If the exporter fails to deliver the products within 12 months from the date of his certification
- In case any of the authorities involved finding any discrepancy. The authorities could be the chairman, secretary, or any other officer of the APEDA administrative body.
Qus:-Does one need to file monthly returns under APEDA?
It is only a license permitting the export of goods. Therefore, no return is required to be filed under APEDA License