Bihar Fire License
In accordance to the Bihar Fire Services Act, it is required to have a Fire License or a No-Objection Certificate before procuring a building plan approval from the Municipal Authority. The Bihar Fire Services Department is responsible for issuing fire licenses to ensure that the fire safety measures of premises are in compliance with the regulations. This article provides a comprehensive guide on the process of acquiring a Bihar fire license.
Bihar Fire Services Act
In compliance with the Bihar Fire Services Act, those who intend to build a business or commercial structure taller than 15 meters must obtain a fire no objection certificate from the relevant Chief Fire Officer. The form needs to be endorsed before submission, and the proper building plans must accompany it to the Municipal Corporation, which is the authorized body under the state law.
The motives for acquiring a fire license are numerous. Firstly, it ensures that the individual understands the proper fire safety measures and is capable of identifying potential fire hazards. Additionally, it demonstrates that the person is responsible and takes the safety of others seriously. Obtaining a fire license is also necessary for certain occupations that involve working with potentially hazardous materials or in hazardous environments. Overall, obtaining a fire license is crucial for personal safety and for the safety of others.
If anyone is looking to obtain a license to start a fire based on the given circumstances:
- A fire license is expected to demonstrate that a building is able to withstand or unlikely to experience any accidents related to fire.
- If someone wants to obtain a trade license or occupation certificate from the local municipal corporation in the state, it is mandatory to possess a fire license.
- To conduct business and trading projects in Bihar, it is mandatory to obtain a fire license from the Department of Fire and Emergency Services.
Different classifications of fire licenses are issued for buildings.
To obtain a Fire License in Bihar, it is necessary to fulfill the categories that have been listed out.
- Education buildings.
- Residential apartment buildings
- Hospitals and sanatoria
- Custodial institutions
- Telephone exchange
- Assembly buildings
- Multiplex buildings
- Business buildings
- Mercantile buildings
- Industrial buildings Low hazard
- Industrial buildings Moderate risk
- Industrial buildings High risk
- Storage buildings High risk
The documents listed below must be included with the Bihar fire license application form in order to complete the process.
Three sets of finalized construction blueprints, containing the subsequent information:
- Key Plan
- Location Plan
- Site Plan
- Floor Plan
- Elevation Plan
- Fire Plan
- A verified version of the authorized blueprint used to obtain permission for the building’s construction.
- its operations must be provided on a regular basis. The report must contain details regarding the equipment’s installation, maintenance, and service records. Additionally, the report must include information about any repairs carried out and whether the equipment has undergone testing or inspection. The report should also highlight any concerns or recommendations for repairs or upgrades that can improve the safety of the occupants of the building. It is important for the building owner or manager to review and act on the information contained in the report to ensure the safety of the building and its occupants.
- The installer must provide a certificate or report that confirms the appropriate installation of fire safety equipment in the building.
The process of obtaining a fire license in Bihar can be done through the internet.
Individuals can complete the process of obtaining a fire No Objection Certificate in Bihar by utilizing the online application system and adhering to the provided instructions.
Visit the Official Portal
Step 1: Visit the official portal The Bihar Fire Services Department obtained clearance through the Single Window Clearance System.
Provide Login Details
Step 2: Hit the ‘Login’ tab that is evident on the main page of the website.
Step 3: If there is already a user registered, the login screen will be displayed, allowing the applicant to enter their user id and password.
New User Registration
Step 4: In case you are a novice user, simply click on the “Register Now” tab in order to create an account on the state portal.
User Registration Form
Step 5: When you click on the new user registration button, a new form will appear on the same screen. Enter all the required information into the form.
- Applicant name
- Email id
- Mobile number
Once all the necessary information has been entered, select the “Register” button.
Step 6: Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the cellphone number provided, which you must enter to continue.
Login into State Portal
Step 7: The candidate will be directed to the main page and from there, they must select the “Login” button.
Provide Login Details
Step 8: Input the login credentials consisting of the username and password, and insert the captcha code. Afterwards, press the “Login” tab.
Step 9: Once the login process is completed, the page will become accessible to the applicant and they will need to initiate the first stage of SIPB approval displayed on the screen.
Fill Common Application Form
Step 10: The applicant is required to complete the Common Application Form (CAF), which includes essential information such as the Enterprise Profile, Stakeholder Details, Unit Profile, and Employment Details, all of which are depicted in the accompanying screenshots.
Step 11: The individual applying can input all required information step by step by utilizing the “menu” button located on the left-hand side and subsequently proceeding with the “Continue” button.
Step 12: Next, the individual needs to select the “Unit Profile” tab and choose the option to create a new form for the unit status. They will be required to enter information about the unit, including the name, primary activity, sector and sub-sector, operational nature, duration and hours of operation, ownership type, location within an industrial estate, building hours, survey number, and holding number. Once all information is provided, they can proceed by clicking on the “Continue” button.
Step 13: To provide employment information, select the “Employment” tab and input relevant details such as management staff number, supervisor, skilled and unskilled workers, proposed contract employment details. Afterwards, click on the “Continue” button.
Details about the products and materials used to make them.
Step 14: Enter the information for the products and materials, including product characteristics, by-product details (in lakhs of Indian rupees), raw material cost (in lakhs of Indian rupees), and processing materials used during manufacturing (in lakhs of Indian rupees). Afterward, select the “Add” button.
Step 15: To move forward, press the “continue” button and provide the necessary investment information such as site development (in Indian Rupees) and plant/machinery or equipment costs (also in Indian Rupees). Once the investment details have been entered, click on the “continue” button to proceed.
Finance and Timeline Details
Step 16: Provide the necessary information regarding finance, including the amount in Indian Rupees in Lakhs, and expected timeframes. Then, select the “Continue” button.
Upload the Details
Step 17: Once all the necessary information has been entered, the applicant has the option to upload any necessary documents as illustrated below. After doing so, they can then move forward by clicking on the continue button located at the bottom.
Step 18: Once the applicant has completed all the necessary information and uploaded a significant document, they can inspect and send the CAF (Common Application Form) after their Aadhar Verification has been confirmed, as demonstrated below.
Step 19: Once the Aadhar verification process has been completed, you may proceed to finalize your submission by clicking on the “Make Payment” option.
Proceed for Payment
Step 20: Once the Make Payment option is selected, the Payment Page will be displayed. The applicant can then provide the required information and continue with the payment process.
Step 21: Once the payment is successfully completed, you will receive an acknowledgement. To continue, simply click the OK button located below.
Tracking Application Status
Step 22: Individuals who have applied can access their dashboard to keep tabs on whether their application is currently being processed or has been approved.
Step 23: Once the CAF is approved, the applicant is eligible to apply for a NoC for fire safety. To do so, they should navigate to the Dashboard and select the Pre-Establishment tab from the top menu. Then, they should click on the “Apply tab” for the desired service.
Step 24: The upcoming application form for obtaining a NOC for fire safety will be available. Complete the form, attach a significant document, and check it thoroughly before submitting it finally.
Step 25: To submit your application, click on the review and submit button. A notification will appear indicating that your application has been successfully saved.
Monitoring the progress of an application (for obtaining a NOC for fire safety).
Step 26: Proceed to the Dashboard and select the application. Observe the indication of its current status, which can either appear as In Progress, under query, or approved, as indicated below.
Step 27: Once the applicant has submitted their query, they need to review it again and then submit an application for any further progress.
Step 28: Once the inquiry is sent as requested, the applicant is authorized. Once endorsed, the progress can be monitored as exhibited in the control panel, and the applicant has the ability to see and obtain a certificate as depicted below.
Issuance of Fire License
- The State’s fire officer receives an application and necessary paperwork. They then pass it along to the appropriate fire officer for review at the next level.
- The fire officer in charge will carefully examine the application and papers provided by the State Fire Officer, and may ask a question if necessary.
- When the applicant’s question is addressed, the relevant fire officer will undertake an on-site evaluation.
- After verifying the actual site condition with the submitted site plan, the responsible fire officer will create the inspection report.
- The Fire Officer in charge will send his suggestion to the State Fire Officer (who is responsible for overseeing the overall coordination of fire services in the state) for the last approval.
- The final approval and Fire Safety Advisory will be issued by the Nodal Officer and uploaded for the applicant who is concerned.
- The individual who applied can access and retrieve the advice released by the State Fire Officer from their dashboard.
The applicant will receive approval for their fire license request within 15 days of submitting their application.
Renewal of Fire License
The license or certificate allowing for the use of fire must be renewed before it expires, as it is only valid for one year after it has been issued. To renew the Fire No objection certificate, an application form can be filled out from the Fire services department portal. The right to grant the license under this Act is given to the Licensing Authority or an officer authorized by the State Government.
Individuals who break any regulations outlined in this legislation or any guidelines set forth by this legislation will face consequences including a prison term of six months or a fine exceeding fifty thousand rupees, or both.
Bihar Consultant provides a simple and quick method to enroll for GST and submit GST returns using their online platform.