Hallmark registration in Bihar– Hallmark registration is a certification process for jewelry in India. The certification is provided by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), which is a national body responsible for standardization, certification, and quality control of goods. In Bihar, Hallmark registration is required for businesses engaged in jewelry manufacturing and trading.
Meaning and Definition: Hallmark registration is a certification process that confirms the purity and quality of jewelry. The certification is provided by the BIS and is a mark of quality assurance for consumers. The hallmark is a symbol or mark that is imprinted on jewelry, indicating that it meets the standards set by the BIS.
Legal Provisions: The legal provisions for Hallmark registration in Bihar are governed by the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016, and the Bureau of Indian Standards (Hallmarking) Regulations, 2018.
Rules: The rules for obtaining Hallmark registration in Bihar are as follows:
- The applicant must be a registered business entity under the Companies Act, 1956 or 2013.
- The applicant must have a valid Permanent Account Number (PAN) and Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- The applicant must have a bank account with a recognized bank in India.
- The applicant must submit the necessary documents and pay the requisite fee to the BIS.
Types: There are two types of Hallmark certification in Bihar:
- 22 Carat Hallmark: This certification is provided to jewelry made of 22 carat gold.
- 18 Carat Hallmark: This certification is provided to jewelry made of 18 carat gold.
Advantages: The advantages of obtaining Hallmark registration in Bihar are:
- It provides a mark of quality assurance for consumers.
- It enhances the credibility of the business in the jewelry industry.
- It facilitates the smooth clearance of goods at customs.
- It ensures that the jewelry meets the standards set by the BIS.
Disadvantages: The disadvantages of obtaining Hallmark registration in Bihar are:
- The application process can be time-consuming and complex.
- There is a fee associated with obtaining the certification.
- Failure to comply with the rules and regulations can result in penalties and legal action.
Documents Required: The documents required to obtain Hallmark registration in Bihar are:
- Application form duly filled and signed.
- Copy of PAN card.
- Copy of TIN registration certificate.
- Copy of bank account details.
- Copy of identity proof of the proprietor/partners/directors.
- Copy of address proof of the proprietor/partners/directors.
- Copy of the constitution of the business entity (Memorandum of Association/Partnership Deed/Articles of Association).
- Copy of the cancelled cheque of the bank account of the business entity.
- Sample of jewelry to be certified.
- Test report from a BIS-recognized assaying and hallmarking center.
Hallmark registration is a certification process that confirms the purity and quality of jewelry. It is mandatory for businesses engaged in jewelry manufacturing and trading in Bihar to obtain Hallmark registration from the BIS. The process of obtaining Hallmark registration involves submitting the necessary documents and paying the requisite fee to the BIS.
A jeweller desirous to sell Hallmarked gold adornments/relics is expected to get an enlistment from BIS for a specific premises of a deals outlet. The enlistment is conceded to a goldsmith for specific premises if the application in endorsed design alongside vital archives is viewed as all together and installment of imperative expenses and consenting to of an arrangement for working the permit by the diamond setter mutually with BIS. In the event that the diamond setter is likewise envious to sell Hallmarked silver adornments/relics one more enrollment will be gotten from BIS by presenting a different application.
Subsequent to assessing and testing the gold article of gem dealers, these imprints are apportioned. Hallmarked adornments confirm that the metal utilized in gems adjusts to the public and worldwide norm of fineness and immaculateness.
In India, Bureau of Indian Standards, is the country’s peak principles body, engaged with the advancement of specialized norms (prevalently known as Indian Standards), item quality and the board framework certifications& client issues in all matters concerning normalization, affirmation and quality. Department of Indian Standards (BIS) affirmed gem dealers can get their adornments hallmarked from any of the BIS perceived Assaying and Hallmarking Center.
The fundamental target of measuring and hallmarking is to safeguard a customer against exploitation of unpredictable gold quality. Other than buyer fulfillment, hallmarking assists with making send out intensity of gold gems industry accordingly give serious areas of strength for a to gold adornments trades.
The public authority has told new rules for BIS Hallmark License Fees. The permit expense will presently be known as Registration charges and it will be founded on turnover set up populace.
Validity & Renewal Of License
The BIS hallmark license is granted for a period of not less than one (1) year and up to two (2) years.
The renewal of a license may be granted for a period of not less than one year and up to five years.
Renewal of license shall contain:
- Application of renewal prescribed under Form XII
- Month-wise production details
- Performance Bank guarantee (six months more than the validity of the grant)
- Remittance of the applicable fees.
- Recording Of Sales Of Hallmarked Jewellery
- The jeweller shall record every sale on a computerized system, an appropriate record of sale shall be maintained for at least five years and made available as per the demand by BIS.
Non Acceptance of Application due to Antecedents
Under the following situations, the application made by the Applicant for obtaining certificate of registration may be rejected:
Prosecution case is pending or in the process of initiating prosecution case in the trial court against the applicant or person under section 29 of the BIS Act, 2016.
Applicant has made the application immediately after the case of misuse of Hallmark or any violation under Section 14 or Section 15 of BIS Act, 2016 detected on the part of applicant.
Misuse of Hallmark or any violation under Section 14 or Section 15 of BIS Act, 2016 detected on the part of applicant after the application was made to BIS.
Registration may be Rejected/cancel:-
Deviations in the degree of purity of fine metal and observance of operations not in conformance to the system may result in cancellation of BIS license, and invoke legal proceedings for penalties under the BIS Act, Rules and Regulations.
Mandatory To Obtain Hallmark Licenses:-
The Government of India had advised rules and guideline for gold and silver gems hallmarking, yet the choice is as yet forthcoming as the public authority is choosing as too when to make it required. In country as well as in metropolitan regions numerous little diamond setters are selling non-hallmarked adornments, be that as it may, BIS has given cautioning to unregistered gem dealers not to sell trademark and furthermore not to sell non-hallmarked gems.
Anyway, on the off chance that the compulsory hallmarking is postponed from the public authority side, the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) cautioning will make mindfulness.
Hallmark certification plays a vital role for jewellers in every aspect such as:-
- It boosts your business
- It adds value to the precious stone and trust in jewellery
- It gives quality assurances for the jewellery product
- Provides legal protection against infringement
- It provides customer satisfaction
- It helps in business growth.
- Process Of Hallmark Certification
- Preparation of documents for BIS registration
- Development of agreement on stamp paper of INR 100/- in the prescribed format
- Filling of the hallmark application form
- Pay the fee for application processing
- An inspection will be done by the inspector of the concerned BIS department
Frequently Asked Questions
Qus:- 1. How to Identify Hallmarked Jewellry?
An Identifier can rapidly distinguish the hallmarked (gold and silver) gems as it contains four character comments on it-
On the gems logo of BIS trademark is available
Immaculateness status number of gold gems will be there
Logo of BIS testing focus
Logo or code of the gem dealer
Qus:- 2. Who works the Hallmarking Scheme?
It is a deliberate plan till 15-01-2021 for gold and silver adornments being worked by BIS through its organization of Regional/Branch Offices all around the country.
Qus:- 3. What control BIS has on enrolled Jewelers and Recognized Assaying and Hallmarking Centers ?
Customary reconnaissance review of Assaying and hallmarking focuses and testing of irregular market tests drawn from enrolled gem specialists is done.
Qus:- 4. Does BIS Scheme Cover hallmarking of Gold Medallions?
Gold emblems (of the state of coins) of 995 fineness and beneath are being allowed to be hallmarked
Qus:- 5. What is the technique for Grant of Recognition to Assaying and Hallmarking Centers?
The acknowledgment of an Assaying and Hallmarking Center is finished by BIS subsequent to guaranteeing that the Center has essential framework and quality administration framework according to IS 15820 : 2009, and furthermore utilized, prepared and skilled labor. The rundown of BIS perceived testing and hallmarking Centers is likewise facilitated on BIS site
Qus:- 6. What is the system for Grant of enrollment to Jewelers ?
The goldsmith needs to apply to the concerned Branch office of BIS in the endorsed application structure alongside important archives and charges for getting a permit. Application Form with subtleties of records to be submitted and charges as relevant are accessible on BIS site (www.bis.org.in).
Hallmark registration is an essential process for businesses engaged in jewelry manufacturing and trading in India. The certification ensures that the jewelry meets the quality and purity standards set by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). The BIS is a national body responsible for standardization, certification, and quality control of goods in India.
The hallmark is a mark or symbol that is imprinted on the jewelry to indicate its quality and purity. It is a mark of quality assurance for consumers, which helps them in identifying the quality and purity of the jewelry. The hallmark contains various information, including the name or logo of the BIS, the purity of the metal used in the jewelry, the year of hallmarking, and the assaying and hallmarking center’s mark.
The hallmarking process involves testing the jewelry for its purity and quality. The BIS has established a network of assaying and hallmarking centers across India, which are authorized to test and hallmark the jewelry. These centers use state-of-the-art technology and equipment to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the test results.
The BIS has set standards for the purity of gold, silver, and other precious metals used in jewelry manufacturing. The purity of gold is expressed in terms of carats, with 24 carat gold being the purest form of gold. In India, jewelry is generally made of 22 carat or 18 carat gold. The BIS has set the minimum standards for the purity of gold used in jewelry, which are 91.6% for 22 carat gold and 75% for 18 carat gold.
The advantages of obtaining Hallmark registration are manifold. For businesses, Hallmark registration enhances their credibility and reputation in the jewelry industry. It also facilitates the smooth clearance of goods at customs, as customs officials can easily verify the authenticity of the jewelry using the hallmark. For consumers, Hallmark registration provides a mark of quality assurance, which ensures that they are purchasing genuine and high-quality jewelry.
In conclusion, Hallmark registration is a crucial process for businesses engaged in jewelry manufacturing and trading in India. It ensures that the jewelry meets the quality and purity standards set by the BIS and provides a mark of quality assurance for consumers. The hallmarking process involves testing the jewelry for its purity and quality, and the BIS has established a network of assaying and hallmarking centers across India to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the test results.