ESIC registration in Bihar– ESIC stands for Employee State Insurance managed by the Employee State Insurance Corporation.
This scheme is started for Indian workers. The workers are provided with a huge variety of medical, monetary and other benefits from the employer. Any non-seasonal factory and company having more than 10 employees (in some states it is 20 employees) who have a maximum salary of Rs. 21,000/- has to mandatorily register itself with the ESIC.
In addition to financial assistance, ESI scheme extends medical care to the employees insured under the ESI Act and their families. It is a self -financing scheme and is funded by the contributions made by the employer as well as employees to the ESIC.
ESIC Registration Online Process
The registration for employers under the ESI scheme is completely online. In other words, there is no need for the employers to submit any document physically either before or after the ESIC registration. Here’s a step by step guide to the ESIC registration online:
- Login to ESIC Portal:- To register as an employer under the ESI act, simply visit the esic.in and on the home page select ‘Click Here to Login’. A notification saying ‘If you have already installed the certificates, click here to continue’ would appear. Just press ‘click here’ to go to the ‘User Login’ page.Once you are on the ‘User Login’ page, click on ‘Sign Up’ option provided towards the bottom of the Captcha Field’. On doing so, the following ‘Sign Up Page’ would appear on your screen.
- Fill the Details on the Sign up Page:- Once you are on the ‘Sign Up’ Page, enter details in the given fields such as:
- Company Name – mention your company name here
- Principal Employer Name – as per section 2(17) of the ESI act, a principal employer means :
- In case of factory – owner, occupier, managing agent of owner or occupier, legal representative of a deceased owner or occupier, manager of the factory under the Factories Act, 1948
- In case of establishments belonging to or under the control of the government of India – specified authority, head of the department (in the absence of the specified authority)
- In case of other establishments – person responsible for control and supervision of the establishment
- In case of shop – owner or management of the owner, proprietor, partners, directors
- State – where your factory/establishment is located
- Email Id (Username)
- Phone No
- Receive Username and Password Details:-After submitting the sign up details, you will receive an email from the ESIC insurance team. This email would contain your username and password details that you would use for registering yourself as an employer and your employees under the ESI scheme.
- Enter Login Details on the ESIC portal:-After receiving the login credentials, access the ESIC portal again and enter your login details at the ‘User Login Page’. So, you need to enter your username, password as received in the email and enter Captcha code provided next to the Captcha code field. After entering the details, press ‘Login’.
- Select New Employer Registration and Select Unit Type:-After logging in to your ESIC account, you will see a page displaying the ‘New Employer Registration’ Link. Click on the ‘New Employer Registration Link’ to proceed further.
- Fill Details in Employer Registration – Form 01:-On submitting the type of unit, Employer Registration – Form 01 would appear on your screen. As you would see, this form is divided into multiple parts, as is evident through the tabs given towards the top right of the Form – 01. These include:
(I) Unit details:-This is the first section of the employer registration form – 01 that gets displayed after submitting the type of unit. In this section, you need to provide the details in respect of the unit you seek to register. These include:
- Name of the unit (factory/establishment):-Complete postal address of the factory/establishment including state, district, phone number, mobile number, fax number, email
- Police station:-Name of town/revenue village, taluk/tehsil, revenue demarcation/hubast number, municipality Whether the building/premises of factory/establishment is owned or hired. Choose the relevant option from the dropdown.If hired or there is a change in the name of the unit/ownership, you need to mention the same . Further, you need to provide the ESI code number if you were covered earlier, the date from which the earlier factory/establishment closed down and upload the copy of agreement or relevant deed containing terms and conditions under which property acquired/taken on lease.Once this is done, you can click on ‘Next’ to proceed further. You can also ‘save’ the data in case you want to complete the registration process later, reset in case you want to re-enter the details or cancel if you want to discontinue.
(II) Employer Details:-This section includes details related to the employer. Thus, you need to provide the following information in this section:
- Details of all the operational bank accounts such as account no, bank name, branch name MICR code of the bank/branch, IFSC code of the bank/branch
- Income tax PAN No/OIR no., income tax ward/circle/area
- Is your factory/establishment a multinational – yes/no, exact nature of work/business carried on, category, whether the activity being carried out in your factory/establishment is considered hazardous process
- Date of commencement of factory/establishment:-Whether registered under any of the acts such as factories act, shops and establishment act, other or none, Licence no, date and licensing authority, Other details that are applicable to you, Maximum number of employees that can be employed per day as per the licence.On filling the above details, click on ‘Next’ to proceed to the next section.
(III) Factory/Establishment Details:-This section contains details with regards to the factory/establishment you seek to register. These include:
- Date since power is used for manufacturing process as per section 2(k) of the factory act
- Whether License is issued under section 2(m)(i) or 2(m)(ii) of the factories act 1948
- Power connection details such as connection number, sanctioned power load and issuing authority
- Constitution of ownership
- Other details such as father’s name, age, permanent residential address of the manager declared under the factories act etc
- On filling the above details, click on ‘Next’ to proceed to the next section.
(IV) Employee Details:-
- work/business carried out through contractor/immediate employer
- Nature of business
- EPF code number
- Issuing authority
- No. of employees employed for wages directly and through immediate employers on the date of application
- First date since when10 or 20 or more coverable employees under ESI act were employed for wages
- Total wages paid in the preceding month
- Employee declaration form
- Branch office and inspection division
- After filling the above details, click on the check box that asks for your declaration for the correctness of the information provided and click ‘Submit’.
- Pay Initial Contribution:-After submitting all the details in the ‘Employee Details’ section, you will be directed to ‘Payment of Advance Contribution Page’. Here, by clicking on the ‘Pay Initial Contribution Link’ you will be directed to the ‘Advance Contribution Payment’ page where you are required to fill the ‘Amount to be Paid’ field and select the payment mode (online or offline) to pay advance contribution for 6 months`. After filling these details click on the ‘Submit’ button. Note down your Challan Number and press ‘Continue’ to make payment.
- Receiving Registration Letter C -11:-On making the payment, you as an employer would receive a system generated registration letter on your registered email id once the challan gets realized from the bank. It must be noted that C – 11 is a computer generated letter nad does not need any signatures. In other words, it is used as a valid proof of registration of your unit under the ESI Act.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Qus:- How can I get ESIC number by name?
Even though we can’t find ESI number by name, but if we have ESIC number then we can download temporary ESIC card online. But remember only your employer can able to download your temporary ESIC card.
Qus:- What is the current ESI contribution rate?
Presently, the ESI contribution rate is 4.00%, out of which the employer and employee contribute 3.25% and 0.75% of the wages of employee respectively.
Qus:- How is the ESIC contribution calculated?
ESI is a self-funded scheme in which an employee’s contribution rate and the employer’s contribution is revised periodically. Presently, the employee and employer contribute 0.75% and 3.25% of the employee’s wages, respectively.
Qus:- What is the ESIC limit?
The existing wage limit under the ESI Act, 1948 is Rs. 21,000 per month. In case of any disability, the wage limit for coverage is Rs. 25,000 per month.