HACCP registration in Bihar- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) is a food safety management system that is widely recognized globally. The HACCP system helps businesses in the food industry to identify and manage food safety hazards, thereby ensuring the safety of the food they produce.
Meaning and Definition: HACCP stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points. It is a systematic approach to food safety management that is designed to identify and control hazards that could lead to foodborne illness.
Legal Provisions: The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is responsible for regulating and enforcing the HACCP system in India. Food businesses that are involved in the manufacturing, processing, packaging, or storage of food products are required to implement the HACCP system as per the guidelines provided by the FSSAI.
Process: The process of obtaining HACCP registration in Bihar involves the following steps:
Identify the hazards: The first step in the HACCP process is to identify potential hazards in the food production process. This involves a thorough analysis of the entire process, from raw materials to finished products.
Determine critical control points: Once the hazards have been identified, the next step is to determine the critical control points (CCPs) in the process. CCPs are points in the process where a hazard can be controlled or eliminated.
Establish critical limits: Once the CCPs have been identified, critical limits need to be established for each CCP. These limits are used to determine whether a process is under control or not.
Implement monitoring procedures: Monitoring procedures need to be established to ensure that the critical limits are being met at each CCP.
Establish corrective actions: If a CCP is found to be out of control, corrective actions need to be established to bring the process back under control.
Implement verification procedures: Verification procedures need to be established to ensure that the HACCP system is working effectively.
Record keeping: Finally, records need to be kept of the entire HACCP process, including hazard analysis, CCPs, critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures.
Advantages: The advantages of HACCP registration in Bihar are as follows:
Improved food safety: The HACCP system helps businesses in the food industry to identify and control hazards, thereby ensuring the safety of the food they produce.
Compliance with regulations: Businesses that implement the HACCP system are compliant with the regulations set forth by the FSSAI.
Increased customer confidence: Customers are more likely to purchase food products from businesses that have implemented the HACCP system, as it indicates that the business takes food safety seriously.
Disadvantages: The disadvantages of HACCP registration in Bihar are as follows:
Time-consuming: Implementing the HACCP system can be time-consuming, as it requires a thorough analysis of the entire food production process.
Costly: Implementing the HACCP system can be costly, as it requires the purchase of specialized equipment and the hiring of trained personnel.
Types: There are several types of HACCP certification that businesses can obtain. These include:
Internal HACCP certification: This type of certification is conducted internally by the business.
Third-party HACCP certification: This type of certification is conducted by an independent third-party organization.
Cost involved: The cost of obtaining HACCP registration in Bihar varies depending on the size and complexity of the food production process. Businesses will need to invest in specialized equipment and trained personnel, which can be expensive.
Time involved: The time involved in obtaining HACCP registration in Bihar also varies depending on the size and complexity of the food production process. The process can take several months to complete.
Demonstrating a real commitment to food safety through HACCP compliance can also transform your brand and act as an effective entry-to-market tool, opening up new business opportunities around the world. The HACCP technique does this by identifying the risks, establishing critical control points, setting critical limits, and ensuring control measures are validated, verified and monitored before implementation.
The effective implementation of HACCP will enhance the ability of companies to: protect and enhance brands and private labels, promote consumer confidence and conform to regulatory and market requirements.
What steps are required for HACCP Certification?
The steps required for HACCP Certifications are given below. Those are as follows:-
- Filing Application:-Filing application is the initial step to obtain the HACCP certification. The application covers basic information about the company. The authority must accept the application and record all the requisite information on the HACCP database.
- Application Review:-The application received shall be reviewed by the team to ensure that the compliance requirement has been fulfilled.
- Price Quotation and Gap Analysis:-Once the documentation is reviewed, the consultants provide the price quotation to the prospective client and carry out the Gap Analysis to cover all the sections of the quality standards. Gap Analysis is executed to check the Gap between the planned things and achieved things.
- Documentation Review:-Documentation is reviewed to ensure that the documents fulfilled the compliance requirement.
- Audit of Documents:-The audit comprises of 2 stages. That is mentioned bellow.
Audit stage 1 implies the organization’s documentation procedure and policies in case of the compliance requirement.
- Review the documents of the management system to ensure that the compliance requirement has been maintained.
- Take the Corrective action to deal with the non-conformity.
- Verification of the documentation as per the standard requirements.
Audit Stage2 The auditor verifies that the organization is executing as per the documentation and if the auditor of the certification body recognizes the non-conformities then the auditor allows reconciling the non-conformities. Audit stage 2 includes the following elements, those are as follows:-
- Review the process of execution as per the organization’s document.
- Corrective action to be taken in case of any non-conformity occurs.
- Verify work instruction and execution processes are being followed by the employees.
- Issue the Certificate:-The Certification Body will issue a certificate of compliance, which is valid for three years.
- Re-Certification:-Re-certification is the process, which is done at the end of the 3 years.
Ques:-What are the 7 principles of HACCP?
Seven basic principles are employed in the development of HACCP plans that meet the stated goal. These principles include hazard analysis, CCP identification, establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, verification procedures, and record-keeping and documentation.
Ques:-What is HACCP training?
The word HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point) refers to procedures you must put in place to ensure the food you produce is safe. … Your food safety management system allows you to identify and control any hazards that could pose a danger to the preparation of safe food.