Bihar Marriage Certificate
A Marriage Certificate serves as documentation that confirms a person’s legal marriage to another person. In Bihar, marriages can be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Marriage Registrar issues the certificate with the seal of the Bihar State Government. This article examines how to obtain a Bihar Marriage Certificate in full detail.
Purpose of Marriage Certificate
The reasons for registering a marriage are as follows:
- To prevent child marriages.
- To allow widows to receive an inheritance.
- In order for couples to travel abroad together, one spouse must accompany the other. visa.
- To receive bank deposits and life insurance benefits when a spouse dies.
To acquire a marriage certificate in Bihar, the following conditions must be met:
- After one month of getting married, the bride and groom are eligible to submit their application.
- The male partner in the marriage is required to reach the age of 21, whereas the female partner must be of at least 18 years of age.
- The district where the wedding will be recorded mandates that the couple must have resided there for a minimum of one month prior to the wedding.
When filling out the application form, you must present the subsequent documents.
- Proof of Marriage
- Proof of Address (Voter ID, Ration Card , Passport, Driving License, etc.)
- Evidence indicating the birthdates of the bride and groom
- Residence Proof of Bride and Bridegroom
- Photograph of both parties
- Marriage Invitation Card
- Marriage Photograph (Couple Photograph)
Indian law. The payment of the fee is a requirement for registering a marriage and failure to pay the fee may result in the application being rejected. The fee can be paid through various methods, such as online payment, cash payment at the registration office, or through a demand draft. It is important for the applicant to ensure that the fee is paid in a timely and correct manner to avoid any complications in the registration process. Hindu Marriage Act For registering under the Special Marriage Act, there will be a fee of Rs.150/- that the applicant needs to pay.
The process of applying for marriage registration can now be completed online via the internet. This means that couples can register their marriage by filling out a form and submitting it electronically. The online application process simplifies the registration process and saves time, effort, and money for both the parties involved and the government. This method is highly efficient and has become the preferred method of registration for many couples.
To get the Bihar Marriage Certificate through the internet, the person who is applying must adhere to the process provided below.
Step 1: In order to apply, the individual must access the Bihar Government’s authorized website.
Step 2: Select the option labeled “Act, Rules, etc.” that is found on the homepage.
Step 3: The application form for registering a marriage under the Bihar Marriage Registration Rules can be downloaded by the applicant on the subsequent page.
The reference can be found below in the application form.
Page 1 / 5
Step 4: Fill out the required information on the application form and include the designated papers.
Step 5: In order to complete the application process, it is necessary to turn in a completed application form to the relevant authority at the Registrar’s office.
Step 6: Obtain a proof of receipt for your application from the relevant office.
Note: Once the application is verified, the applicant will get the marriage certificate within seven working days from the date of application.